The Wonderful World of Halloween Costume Ideas
Every year, most of us are faced with the same question: What should I be for Halloween? It’s hard to decide with so many options that it can be overwhelming. We have pictures of real people in real costumes. Look no further because the best Halloween costume ideas that you will find are here. Or perhaps, they will give you an idea for your own unique costume.
Whether you’d like a homemade costume or a last-minute costume, we have hundreds of pictures to give you creative & clever ideas. Don’t be the person who shows up to the Halloween party with the biggest costume FAIL. Get inspired and find something awesome now!
Womens Costume Ideas
More: Womens Costume Ideas
Traditional womens costume ideas: witch, nurse, maid, pirate, cop, princess, fortune teller, Cat Woman, Wizard of Oz, and Red Riding Hood.
Mens Costume Ideas
More: Mens Costume Ideas
Classic mens costume ideas: Batman, Star Wars characters, vampire, Robin Hood, Jack Sparrow, Grim Reaper, gorilla, and Ghostbusters.
Kids Costume Ideas
More: Kids Costume Ideas
Awesome kids costume ideas: Spiderman, Cinderella, Belle, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Frozen, Captain America, Thor, and Harry Potter characters.
Baby Costume Ideas
More: Baby Costume Ideas
Cute baby costume ideas: Minnie Mouse, Nightmare Before Christmas, Monsters University, Sesame Street, lion, monkey, and dragon.
Couple Costume Ideas
More: Couple Costume Ideas
Fun couple costume ideas: peanut butter & jelly, Wayne & Garth, Day of the Dead, cop & robber, superheros, nurse & doctor, and zombies.
Group Costume Ideas
More: Group Costume Ideas
Great group costume ideas: Mario Kart team, Star Wars, Ninja Turtles, Justice League, Beetlejuice, the Addams Family, and a sports team.
Easy Costume Ideas
More: Easy Costume Ideas
Last-minute easy costume ideas: Napoleon Dynamite characters, tourist, Men in Black, ghost, skeleton, librarian, fisherman, prom queen, and clown.
Homemade Costume Ideas
More: Homemade Costume Ideas
DIY Homemade costume ideas: mummy, Grumpy Cat, Rosie the Riveter, fortune teller, big kid, nerd, mime, piñata, garden gnome, and Greek god/goddess.
Family Costume Ideas
More: Family Costume Ideas
Cool family costume ideas: Beetlejuice, the Addams Family, Labyrinth, the Incredibles, Despicable Me, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, Alice in Wonderland, and the Flintstones.
Best Friend Costume Ideas
Two-person friend costume ideas: Wilson & Chuck from Castaway, the Shining twins, Finn and Jake, Thelma & Louise, Candy Crush characters, Breaking Bad characters, and Romy & Michele.
Halloween Makeup Ideas
More: Halloween Makeup Ideas
Pretty & scary Halloween makeup ideas: Dia de los Muertos (Candy Skull), Jack Skellington & Sally, wicked witch, Mad Hatter, cracked doll, the Joker, popart comic character, and Edward Scissorhands.
Where to Buy Halloween Costumes?
- Online Halloween Stores. There are some great places to buy Halloween costumes online. Our favorite is, Spirit Halloween. They are the #1 destination online for Halloween shopping and carry everything you could imagine: decorations, accessories, props, wigs, makeup, party supplies, pet costumes, fog machines, weapons & armor, and more. Soon, we will be releasing our Halloween store reviews which will explain more about what each shop has to offer.
- Local Halloween Stores. Depending on where you live, there may be a Halloween store nearby open from September through October. Check Spirit Halloween‘s store locator. Other local stores may pop-up around you as well and offer Halloween decorations, props, costumes and other items. If you are having trouble finding a Halloween shop close by, you can always try Walmart or Target.
- eBay. You can find many Halloween costumes up for auction on eBay, both new and used. However, when it gets close to Halloween and everyone is shopping for a costume, auctions can get competitive and prices go up. If you are going to try and snag a costume from eBay, leave yourself plenty of time in the event you don’t win and always have a back-up plan in mind.
- Amazon. Amazon has tons of Halloween costumes and their prices are some of the best around. They also have everything else you could possibly need for Halloween including: candy, decorations, props, wigs, makeup, masks, weapons & armor, music, movies, and more.
- Thrift Stores. Go to a local thrift store and see what they have available. You might be able to find an awesome and cheap costume. Keep in mind, the closer it gets to October 31st, the less inventory they will have so this option is better for those who are planning ahead and not looking for a last-minute Halloween costume.
- Party Stores. Party stores like Party City and Shindigz carry Halloween costumes and a few decorations and Halloween party supplies. They usually don’t have the best selection but if you are in a time crunch, they are worth a shot.